Est. 1858

Ph: 620-756-4742
Fax: 620-756-4681
P.O. BOX 51

Monday - Thursday
7:30-Noon, 1:00-5:30

Utility bills may be paid at City Hall, by Bank Draft with proper authorization on file at City Hall, at Union State Bank, online at (pay location code a001te), or mailed USPS to PO Box 51.

Email questions or concerns to

​Equal Opportunity Provider
City of Uniontown ® 206 Sherman Street ~ PO Box 51 ~ Uniontown, KS 66779 ~ Ph: 620-756-4742 ~ Fax: 620-756-4681

City of Uniontown
206 Sherman St, PO Box 51
Uniontown, KS 66779


WHEREAS, on November 8, 1960, the voters of Kansas approved a constitutional amendment granting cities home rule authority. The Home Rule Amendment took effect in Kansas on July 1, 1961. Home Rule gives local government, specifically cities, the power to make decisions at the local level based on the unique needs and values of their residents; and 

WHEREAS, cities across our great State manage differing opinions and views on issues ranging from zoning to funding for local services and programs. Home Rule keeps control of the community in the hands of local residents; and 

WHEREAS, the Home Rule Amendment empowers cities to determine local affairs and government actions including the levying of taxes, fees, charges and other exaction; and 

WHEREAS, the City of Uniontown and the League of Kansas Municipalities cities continually work to educate and engage municipal officials, the legislature, and the general public about the importance of Home Rule and local decision making; and 

WHEREAS, the 60th anniversary of the passage of constitutional Home Rule is a fitting time for all municipalities to engage their residents about the Kansas Constitution and local laws, so that all Kansans may continue to receive the many benefits of Home Rule.

NOW THEREFORE I, Mayor Jurgensen, have hereunto set my hand and caused the Seal of the City of Uniontown to be affixed this 14th day of September, 2021 and proclaim October 11, 2021 “Home Rule Day” in our city.  

/s/ Larry Jurgensen                                                                                      (SEAL)
Larry Jurgensen, Mayor


/s/ Sally Johnson
Sally Johnson, City Clerk

Contact Us
With a population of approximately 272, Uniontown is located in Bourbon County , Kansas along the Marmaton River.  Uniontown is home to the Annual Old Settlers Picnic on Labor Day.
$20 fee + $20 deposit*
*If the building is cleaned and no damages are noted on inspection after use, the $20 deposit will be refunded when the key is returned to the city clerk. 

Call 620-756-4742 for reservations.

Website Updated 9/21/2021
Reminder: Utility bills are due on the 10th, if not paid by 4:30 PM on the 25th they will be disconnected. 

Utility Hearings are on the last Wednesday of each month, but you must make an appointment to meet with Utility Hearing Officers. If you will be unable to pay your utilities in full by the 25th, please call City Hall to make an appointment with the Utility Hearing Officers.
To report a dog running at large, call City Hall, 620-756-4742 or Animal Control Officer, 620-215-3221.  Annual registration period is January 1 through March 31.